The QA Financial Forum Chicago
April 4th 2023 at the Metropolitan Club
The leading networking and information event on the subject of software quality assurance returns to Chicago next spring.
Free to attend for delegates from financial firms, our audience will hear from experts and pioneers in new QA technologies from banks, insurance companies, exchanges and trading venues.
There will also be presentations on cutting-edge tools for accelerating DevOps and continuous testing from the world's most innovative software technology vendors.
As always, our QA Financial Forum is a discreet meeting place, where ideas are shared confidentially. We allow the maximum time for questions and discussion breaks.
The Forum will cover:
Bio coming soon...
Bio coming soon...
Matthew Crabbe, CEO and Founder – QA Media
• Sean Ghassemi, Chief Architect, Northern Trust
• Basivi Junna, Principal Solutions Architect, Northern Trust
As Northern Trust has moved its on-prem software development toolchain to the Cloud, it has created a new system for DevOps platform management and adopted new metrics and for software quality benchmarking. The key objective has been to lower the rates of incidents related to change, improve productivity and speed to market. Northern Trust is doing this with a standardized suite of cloud-based tools, processes and reusable templatized CI/CD pipelines for application, database, and infrastructure changes. Sean Ghassemi and Basivi Junna (BJ) will explain how one of the world's largest banking and asset management organizations has performed across its many internal development teams and how new initiatives to free up those teams - zero touch deployments, instant change authorization, shift left testing, and SCA, SAST & DAST scanning - have been balanced with data-driven automated policy checks against changes that enforce best practices across the enterprise. They will also be discussing how Northern Trust worked with its external vendor partners to put new standards of non-functional requirements, quality assurance, code coverage and validation of DevOps into practice, and how improved observability of software delivery feeds into compliance and auditing at Northern Trust.
• How firms are leveraging Cloud for high-performance architectures: virtualization and microservices.
• Creating a "center of excellence" for new automation technologies
• How microservices, Cloud and container technologies are changing the landscape of trading software development and increasing the potential for deep observability.
• How to monitor complex architectures
• How financial firms are creating enterprise standards for software quality management
• How regulators are increasing their scrutiny of software risk management
• Towards enterprise and market benchmarks for software quality
• Tools for value stream management and sharing best practice
• The challenge of performance testing and other roadblocks on the route to 100% automation
• Test orchestration and value stream management
• Open Source or Off-the-Shelf? How firms are assessing the real costs and benefits of test tools.
• The potential in AI and machine learning for visual testing and risk-based testing
• The intersection between quant modelling and software development.
• How can quality assurance be embedded in software developed for consumer and commercial lending and also for trading desks?
• How can developers of financial models be connected to software development teams?
• How can firms create a first-line testing function to deliver continuous app improvement?
• Future-proofing requirements for customer-facing apps
• How to test bots for bias
• Testing apps for complex, low-latency markets
• Creating the "Five Star" mobile app experience
• The business opportunities in better accessibility testing